Join Us As A Speaker or Trainer
LearnFest started as an idea, “to transform learning from the predictable, mundane and forgettable, to being exciting, fascinating and lasting” (Sherrone Lobban, Founder, LearnFest Caribbean). In 2016, we asked the question: What’s the value of one truly transformative and great idea, …that turns your mission into a movement? We are proud to say that LearnFest Caribbean has turned into that movement. We invite you to respond to our call for LearnFest Caribbean speakers
LFC in JAMAICA
Conference: May 13-14, 2020
Teaching Labs (pre-conference workshops) and Technical Visit: May 11-12, 2020
Where: Kingston, Jamaica
LFC in BAHAMAS
Conference: October 28-29, 2020
Teaching Labs (pre-conference workshops): October 27, 2020
Where: Nassau, Bahamas
TYPE OF SESSIONS
Opportunities are available for several different types of sessions:
Mentor Moment sessions – these are small table settings (groups of 10-12), where a wide variety of topics such as marketing, business strategy, leadership, technology, innovations, story telling, career development, personal branding, agile, business analysis, risk management and project management.
Main Stage sessions – these are 35-45 minute sessions on topics that are relevant o a broad segment of attending delegates.
Pre-conference Workshops – A day before the conference we will have 3-4 hour workshops where persons can deep on select topics . Multiple workshops may run concurrently.
Confirmed speakers will receive:
- Free accommodation for speakers who will be doing Main Stage sessions and are traveling from overseas.
- A table to sell your books.
- A Full-House registration to the 2020 conference.
- Repeat speakers/multi sessions will have airfare covered to a maximum set by LFC organizers. Repeat means speaking multiple times at the same venue at the same conference – update 5/11/19
- Free event tickets for guests of speakers (number of tickets will depend on the session)
- 10% discount for guests exceeding ticket allocation.
- Fee entry to one paid VIP event
- 25% shared profit for speakers doing a workshop session.
- Introduction to interested companies for external sessions (final negotiations will be between the speaker and interested parties).
- Access to contact info from persons who opt-in to share their contacts.
- Exposure at the two-day event and on conference materials, and event marketing.
- Entry into the LearnFest Caribbean speakers closed group.
LFC in Jamaica
Call for Speakers Open: September 16, 2019
Submission Deadline: December 30, 2019
Selection and Notification Period: September 16 – January 15, 2020
LFC in Bahamas
Call for Speakers Open: November 03, 2019
Submission Deadline: January 30, 2020
Selection and Notification Period: November 03, 2019 – January 30, 2020
*APPLY EARLY to ensure your space on the LFC stage
The call will be closed as soon as we have enough speakers. Please note that we will now consider speakers who were on the waiting list.
LFC in Jamaica: Our theme for 2020 will be ELEVATE!!!
LFC in Bahamas: INNOTECH will be the 2020 theme for the event in Bahamas.
For 2020 we have decided not to restrict speakers to a limited number of tracks. Our main thrust will be:
-Leadership & Strategy
However, you may add any other focus area you believe would be a hit at LFC 2020. When you download the sign-up form we may have added some more Tracks.
Copyright: All speakers own the copyright to their work. However, please note the we require your consent in advance of the conference or workshop to share your work (slides, handout, video, etc.) the audience and general public.